Some of our older news items…
by Default admin account on 05-Feb-15 15:03
On 30 January 2015, NHS England launched a three month public consultation on the clinical commissioning of specialised services, including Adult Critical Care. The draft service specification for adult critical care services can be viewed on the NHS England website.
by Default admin account on 20-Dec-14 10:15
The first ICUsteps support group outside the United Kingdom will open its doors on the 11th March 2015 with the formation of ICUsteps Dublin. This amazing milestone is the culmination of years of dedication from Barbara Egan. Barbara survived pneumonia and sepsis in month long battle with critical illness in 2005.
by Default admin account on 19-Aug-14 22:28
NICE have published an Intravenous fluid therapy quality standard with the aims of reducing harm to patients from mistakes with intravenous fluid therapy, improving patient experience, improving the reporting of mistakes and reducing the length of hospital stay
by Default admin account on 22-Oct-14 21:58
This grounded theory research into the patient’s perception of the nursing contribution to the patient’s experience of intensive care aimed to provide critical care nurses with evidence, which articulates their contribution to the patient’s experience of intensive care. The research also identified aspects of nursing care patients considered helpful and those less helpful to their entire critical care experience.
by Default admin account on 12-Jul-14 16:38
- ICUsteps Conference 2013
- Brain injury supplement to our intensive care guide
- Help us to help your patients’ relatives…it’s as easy as putting up a poster!
- Intensive care information milestone
- ‘Intensive care: a guide for patients and relatives’ translations
- ICU patient diary network
- Information for children
by Default admin account on 25-Oct-14 14:53
- Help improve care for patients with delirium
- ICU patient diaries - how they help
- Patient research priorities published
- Free ICUsteps relatives poster
- Have you given discharge summaries to your patients?
- Patient Perception of ICU Nursing Research
- How ICUsteps can help intensive care research
- Patient information success
by Default admin account on 21-Apr-15 22:13
by Default admin account on 23-Mar-10 21:29
NICE have published a Delirium quality standard consisting of 5 statements that describe high quality care for adults with delirium and set out the quality of care patients should receive. ICUsteps, along with the British Geriatrics Society and the College of Emergency Medicine, is proud to endorse this quality standard.
by Default admin account on 01-Feb-16 12:27
by Default admin account on 25-Oct-15 10:46